How does a rent to own work?
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Rent-to-Own homes are for people looking to purchase a home in the next couple of years. This can be for several reasons but can often be a great option to get you on a good path to homeownership. The rent to own program is very simple and quick. When purchasing a home, you may have to wait for 30, 45, 60, or even 90 days to settle! Who would want their new home to be sitting there for that long?
Our rent to own program is quick and easy. Here are the steps to a new home.
1. Schedule a showing- You can do this on the website at www.SMGHomeHelp.com, by email at SMGHomeHelp@gmail.com, or by calling us at 410-357-8946. We will call you, get some information, and set up a time to see the home that is convenient for you.
2. Fill out an application- When you come out to see the home, if you like it and are ready to move forward you will fill out an application with us at that time. We will answer any questions and make sure your application is done properly and completely.
3. Get approved-Your application will be processed within the next business day.
4. Put down your deposit and sign leases- once you are approved, you will be able to pay the deposit and sign the leases.
5. Sign paperwork with a local attorney- within a week we will meet at a local attorney and sign the appropriate paperwork. This is so you are protected in your home.
6. Move-In! – After you sign paperwork you can move in. This can be done on the same day or within the next 2 weeks.
If the process seems overwhelming, it’s not at all. We walk you through one step at a time and take care of any paperwork. We let you know exactly what you need to do and when to make sure everything is set up for you to move in. If you have any questions about the process, please give us a call at 410-357-8946 or submit a form on the website at www.SMGHomeHelp.com or send us an email at SMGHomeHelp@gmail.com.